Have you ever prepared your own homemade yogurt? If your answer is no, you know it’s a very simple, economical process and will not take much time. The yogurt is a rich very healthy, nutrient and product properties that benefit the body and even beauty. If you want to learn to make your own homemade yogurt, do not miss the following recommendations and step by step so you can start right now to make your yogurt at home.
Prepare homemade yogurt is very simple, it does not require special machines, do not take long and, with practice, it will become easier.
- Milk (according to the desired amount of yogurt).
- 1 plain yogurt without sugar.
- Glass jars.
- 1 tablespoon.
- An insulator that retains heat: daily papers, a box of cork or blanket, among others.
Step by step
Step 1: Get a good amount of milk, according to the liters of yogurt that is desired to prepare. Where possible you should avoid using milk “low fat”, unless you have a big reason to avoid milk fat.
Step 2: Sterilize the jars, cover with boiling in a pot of water for 10 minutes or so.
Step 3: Put a tablespoon of plain yogurt in each of the bottles. For every pint of milk takes a spoonful.
Step 4: Heat the milk over low heat until it reaches 85 ° C, stirring frequently with a clean utensil to prevent sticking on the bottom and does not burn as it is heated. This takes about 10 minutes, but ideally be alert to prevent burning.
Step 5: Remove the milk occasionally, until it falls to 45° C. Additional half hour or so. If such low temperature, it is reset to fire until it reaches 45° C.
Step 6: Pour the milk into the bottles, trying to fill as much as possible so that there is too much air in them.
Step 7: Remove the ingredients, so that yogurt is well built with milk.
Step 8: Cover the jars and store well so that the heat is well preserved. Wrap them with newspaper or stuffed in a box or wrapped in a blanket. Let stand overnight without stirring, preferably in a warm place.
Step 9: Remove the jars from the box, let stand 10 minutes, then take the yogurt a refrigerator.
Step 10: Leave the yogurt in the refrigerator for four hours or until thickened completely. Ideally, let it settle for two days.
Benefits homemade yogurt
One of the main advantages of homemade yogurt is that it contains no preservatives or additives and nutrients are not denatured industrial processes. This food concentrates a large number of components that benefit us in the following ways:
- It is easily digestible, which is why many people who are lactose intolerant can consume it without problems.
- It is ideal to fight infection in the digestive system, because it contains one hundred million live bacteria that have a lot of B vitamins
- Compounds help to stabilize the intestinal flora and microorganisms of the digestive system. Its bacteria convert lactose into lactic acid.
- It is recommended for diarrhea and constipation problems because precludes development of harmful bacteria in the intestine, which usually come from food.
- It contains calcium, magnesium and phosphorus, essential minerals for healthy and strong bones.
- It can help lower cholesterol, promotes the absorption of fats and reducing the negative effects of antibiotics.
- It is an ally of the health of the skin, and that gives it softness, regeneration, health and beauty.
- Acts as a skin exfoliant, able to deep clean the pores and remove dead cells.
- Several studies have found that regular consumption could help reduce the risk of vaginal infections. In fact, this product can be applied directly to the vaginal area to combat candidiasis.
- Yogurt contains the same amount of potassium as a banana and as much protein as an egg or that 30g of meat.
- Regular consumption of homemade yogurt also may help strengthen the immune system.