Not only have an attractive color, shape and flavor, red fruit stand as excellent allied health. Currants, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, cherries, plums … little treasures assorted vitamins, flavonoids, minerals and phytochemicals large, the antioxidant can do great wonders for your health. Do you want to know them a little better?
- Most experts agree that eating highly colored fruits such as berries, can greatly improve our health. They have a lot of flavonides, large antoxidantes contained in these small fruits as tasty.
- A curiosity, the more intense the color of the fruit, the higher its nutritional value. So, when we see a bright red fruit, we know that has a high intensity of antioxidants, such as anthocyanins. Remember!
- Thanks to its high composition atioxidantes, red fruits help us r educe cholesterol, take care of our cardiovascular health and particularly to fight free radicals, those elements that promote cellular aging and make us weak against possible incidents of cancer.
- Its basic components based anthocyanins have been shown to be highly active against cardiovascular disease, or for example Alzheimer’s or diabetes.
- The berries are also very suitable for treating arthritis and reduce inflammation.
What amounts have to consume to benefit from the berries?
We know that so-called soft fruits or berries are not readily accessible in all parts of the world and in all seasons. Hence, we recommend that you, if you have a chance to buy, do not waste the opportunity.
Nutritionists tell us that we do not fall into the trap of eating only berries exclusively to benefit from its benefits. At all. The recommendation is to eat a varied and balanced diet, where continue having protein, fiber, carbohydrates .. . The ideal is to eat a bowl of berries a day. Perfect for example start with a cup cereals about three strawberries, five or six currants and red plum. At midday, for example you can get a salad which include e.g. Granada medium, and in the afternoon, a natural juice. If you include in your daily diet you will notice the effects of their properties.
Main benefits of berries
What if mid-afternoon we prepare strawberry milkshake? They are rich in vitamins E, C, B and K beta carotene, folate, potassium and fiber. His touch slightly acid is undoubtedly one of its major properties to fight against infections and the attack of free radicals. Fight high blood pressure and uric acid . And fact to keep in mind: it is the fruit that has more antioxidant power.
Are found throughout the year, and depending on the country you are in, they can be more expensive than usual. But you will be surprised to know that they have more vitamin C than orange. And the most important thing to remember: drink their juice improves the function of blood vessels and vascular system. Perfect for after the main meal.
Who would not be like? Rich in vitamin B, vitamin C, folate, fiber and flavonoids … Your main power is his great contribution in fiber, perfect for example for our digestion and prevent constipation. It also has calcium, potassium, iron and magnesium … Want to know more? It protects against menstrual cramps.
Many studies that tell us about the power of cherries to reduce uric acid and reduce joint pain . It has a large supply of beta carotene, vitamin C, they are diuretic and have a good supply of potassium. What if we include our daily diet?
If we dry, will be a great remedy to cure our constipation. This tasty fruit that we love both jam as naturally available vitamin C, E, and wonderful antioxidants.
They are delicious, perfect for breakfast and plenty of seasoning our dishes. They help to lower bad cholesterol, take care of our teeth and gums, are rich in vitamin C, vitamin E … we can eat them raw or cooked, use as a garnish, or simply by a tasty jam on our toast.