Although some people live obsessed with eternal youth, the reality is that our body oxidizes as part of the natural aging process to which we are subjected all living beings. So it never hurts to follow a few tips to live longer and better.
A healthy lifestyle is essential to live longer and better quality of life, so the effort is worthwhile.
There is no magic formula that ensures we live longer, but it is in our hands to implement a series of habits that can help us avoid the onset of certain diseases, cancer and cardiovascular diseases, which are the main causing premature deaths.
Although genetics plays a role, of no use having good genes, if we do not carry a healthy lifestyle. The lifestyle is the main factor in determining what can living and quality of life. Although genetics can make a predisposition to a particular disease are external factors (food, alcohol, snuff, sedentary lifestyle, stress …) which influence whether genes manifest or not.
Food to live longer and better
In this sense, food is the great ally with which we have to enjoy a good health. Hence, has always led, along with Japan, all classifications of life expectancy in the world. This is explained precisely by the Mediterranean diet, rich in vegetables, fruits, whole grains, fish, legumes and nuts.
Numerous studies show that this diet, supplemented with daily exercise and active lifestyle, allowing us to live longer and better.
Foods such as fruits and vegetables are powerful antioxidants, which inhibit the activity of free radicals, which are “guilty” of aging and many diseases. On the opposite side are rich in saturated fats, sugar, salt or alcohol, which must be reduced if we want to live longer and better. Similarly, it is important to eliminate from our lives the snuff and physical inactivity, and that shorten our lifespan.
Feeding tips for a better and healthier life
In summary, following a series of eating tips you can enjoy great benefits for our body. So take note and get going from today:
- Make 5 meals a day, while never pass the three main (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Eat vegetables two or three times a week. They have no fat and are rich in fiber and protein.
- At least three times a week, eat fish.
- Take a handful of nuts every day because they are potent antioxidants and rich in omega 3. Your heart will thank you.
- Limit consumption of saturated fats. In this sense, always trying to take fat dairy.
- Drink 1.5-2 liters of water every day.
- Make at least 30 minutes of daily exercise.