The melon is preferred for most summer fruit and almost all have in the fridge during the summer months. If you want to know why eating melon and benefits involved, you just have to keep reading.
Besides being delicious, melon feel great when fresh, in addition to numerous nutritional properties and benefits for our body.
In the summer, high temperatures cause hydration needs increase, especially if exposed to the sun, practice exercise or perform any physical activity. The humidity and increased sweating cause our body to lose a higher proportion of water than the rest of the year. Hence it is essential to take more fluids either as a beverage or other foods rich in water as cold soups, fruits and vegetables.
Benefits of seasonal fruits such as melon
In this sense, seasonal fruits such as melon or watermelon are a great alternative. Not surprisingly, about 95% of these fruits is water. In addition to hydrate our body, it is very refreshing, so it’s ideal for hot days.
To make matters worse, the sweet melon flavor and soft texture and juicy melon become a star fruit summer.
Moreover, among the properties of melon is rich in vitamins and minerals, which gives many benefits to our health that will help us find better and enjoy a good health:
– It is a fruit rich in vitamin A, which help to prevent drying of the mucous membranes and skin, while maintaining the health of our teeth, bones, cartilage and tendons. It also increases the body’s defenses, prevent infections and certain cancers.
– Melon is an energy source because it contains B vitamins, which are necessary for the body to process sugars and carbohydrates. Therefore, the consumption of this fruit is ideal to have a surplus of energy.
– Similarly, melon has very high levels of vitamin E, which is a powerful natural antioxidant that neutralizes the action of free radicals, preventing the onset of degenerative diseases, cardiovascular diseases or cancer. It also increases the levels of “good” cholesterol (HDL) while reducing “bad” cholesterol (LDL).
– Melon is also very useful to relieve heartburn or heartburn.
– Melon is also a diuretic fruit that will help us remove liquid concentrate on our body, in addition to cleanse the kidneys of the remains of metabolism.
– The melons are very low in calories (30 to 61 calories per 100 grams). Juicy and refreshing, it is perfect to hydrate and nourish not only add calories to your diet. It is, therefore, a fruit of the most recommended for those who want to lose weight.
– The presence of salts in the melon increases the power of red blood cells, so it gives us an extra dose of strength to our body as well as help prevent anemia or rheumatism.
As we see, the melon has many properties and eat many benefits for your health. In addition, its consumption is recommended for everyone. If you want a healthy diet, do not forget to incorporate this delicious fruit to your daily diet.